The 2016 Workshop was a great success. Thank you to all of the practitioners and participants who joined me for this amazing day of learning, connection and joyful living! Stay tuned for the next Women Be Well Workshop in September of 2017!
Schedule of events
8:30-9:00 – Registration and Welcome
- Morning yoga ~ Start the day off right with an hour of outside yoga. This practice will be on the grass, so bring a mat if you would like
- Irish dance with Reilly ~ Join Reilly in an early morning dancing class of fun, fellowship, laughs (or craic as the Irish might say) and live music! Students will leave having learned basic Irish Step Dancing moves, as well as a group Céilí dance that will be sure to come in handy next St. Patrick’s Day! Begin your morning with joy and liveliness. Sláinte!
- Locally crafted skincare products with Brigitte ~ Brigette will guide you through a skin care regimen that produces healthy radiant skin without the use of harsh ingredients. Participants will learn how to make scrubs and masks using ingredients from their kitchen like olive oil, eggs, and avocados. DermaDaisy began here in Durango as a way to obtain skin care products that were free of toxic ingredients while also being affordable and effective. Freshness is the key to DermaDaisy skin care products, so products are crafted in small batches more frequently giving freedom to use authentic natural alternatives in lieu of preservatives that have documented harmful side effects.
- Stress, energy and our overall health with Audrey ~ Please join us to learn more about a new plant based science that is being called “the most extraordinary therapeutic & most extraordinary preventative breakthrough in medical history”. We will discuss how to differentiate between good and bad stress, how our health is affected & what we can do about it.
10:15 – 12:15
- Beekeeping and product making with Reilly ~ If you’re thinking about starting a backyard beehive or are just curious about what’s involved with keeping bees, then this is a great introductory class for you. Reilly has designed this class for absolute beginners so, no prerequisite knowledge is required. You can walk in knowing absolutely nothing about bees and walk out ready to get started with your own backyard beehive! Reilly will teach you how the honey bee lives, discuss different hive designs and tell you lots of practical information about how to set up your first beehive. Reilly practices a sustainable and natural beekeeping style that is especially designed for hobbyist backyard beekeepers! Participants will also learn the ins and outs of product making using the bountiful gifts of the hive. Find out the wonderful health benefits the hive has to offer to you and your family; from beauty products to salves. Lastly, students will be able to try Reilly’s own magical creations from her hives. Come and discover the enchanting world of Bee Keeping!
- Intro into Reiki energy healing with Stephanie ~ Stephanie is passionate about helping women re-member their natural ability of working with energy to assist themselves and others to relax, renew and distress which promotes the body’s natural ability to heal. Through her many personal transitions and being a woman living in these times has found that Reiki has opened yet another door that of: Awakening the Goddess Within, please join Stephanie for an enlightening time of awakening to Reiki and the Goddess within!
- I AM – the power of the Mind/Body connection with Nikki ~ Nikki Sargent, MEd, is a certified life coach, an endorsed MindBody coach, a mentor, a teacher and a purveyor of possibility. She is passionate about empowering others and whole-heartedly believes that YOU are your own best advocate. I AM will introduce the power of the mind/body connection and show you how to reconnect with your whole self in order to create the life you want.
- Exercise for happiness with Marissa ~ Marisa will instruct participants on how they can use exercise to assist in cultivating authentic happiness and healing old wounds of self-doubt, judgment, and comparison.Participants will create personal power statements and will be guided through a 30 to 40 minute walk, hike, or jog. All levels of fitness are welcomed.
12:30-1:30 – Lunch
- Archetypes and your Sacred Contract with Stacey ~ Archetypes are universal patterns of human nature such as the seeker, gambler, angel, mother, saboteur, rescuer and healer. Discover which archetypes you have and what makes up your Sacred Contract in this fun and informative presentation.
- Chiropractic workshop with Dr. Stephanie ~ Dr. Steph has been serving the Durango community with her gentle, loving style of chiropractic since 2008. She believes that when your body is free of accumulated tension and stress, you feel and function better, have more energy, and can express your full potential. In this workshop, you will learn 5 facts about how the state of your spine relates to your health and life expression. Dr. Steph is also providing adjustments for everyone who wishes to be adjusted.
- Thai yoga with Dre ~ I am a mover and a shaker! I believe that all of life comes to me with ease, joy, and glory, when I honor the flow of life and MOVE! My mission is to help others find their healthy happy selves by finding their own rhythm, their own flow. My favorite mediums for dancing through life are yoga & dance parties, so my intention here is to create a space where we can all connect to our bodies through experiencing them.
- Equine Guided Mindfulness with Trish ~ Come in to the here and now with the masters of mindfulness – our equine partners. See how the horses naturally help you regulate your nervous system, calm your mind and connect with self, nature and others in a purely organic way
- Dance your heart open with Dre ~ I am a mover and a shaker! I believe that all of life comes to me with ease, joy, and glory, when I honor the flow of life and MOVE! My mission is to help others find their healthy happy selves by finding their own rhythm, their own flow. My favorite mediums for dancing through life are yoga & dance parties, so my intention here is to create a space where we can all connect to our bodies through experiencing them.
- Connecting with our Ancestral Roots with Anna Hopkins-Arnold
- Essential oils workshop with Dr. Stephanie ~ You are invited to join us for an hour of uplifting fun while experiencing essential oils. You will learn how these all natural, pure and powerful botanical extracts can help you and your family create balance, groundedness, and vibrant health. Dr. Steph will explain what essential oils are and how to use them. Plus you will get a chance to find out which oils can help you with your individual health concerns. There will be a prize drawing, and samples for everyone!
- Tame your inner hamster with Julie ~ Sometimes it’s easy to become activated (angered, frustrated, worried scared, resentful, sad) and your mind becomes like a hamster on a wheel. What if that Hamster was just trying to get your attention so that you could gain a deeper inner awareness, healing and peace?Join psychotherapist (LCSW/LAC), arm chair neuroscientist and spiritual student Julie Visnich for an informative, funny reframe on how we can learn to heal deeply if we pay attention to the hamster wheel in a whole new way. Learn Open Focus Meditation, and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) as two practical hamster taming methods. Take home a handout so that can practice on your own